Friday, 30 November 2012

Brains: A Zombie Memoir


Photobucket

Written by Robin Becker.At times I did find this book to lean strongly towards the young adult side of things but then it would pull back with little nods at older horror films. I have read a fair share of Zombie books and this is the first I have found that comes from the Zombies point of view which I did find quite funny and entertaining.

Brains: A Zombie Memoir is the testament of Jack Barnes, Contemporary American Literature professor-turned-zombie. Professor Barnes is bitten during the outbreak of a virus that creates zombies, and learns upon waking to his unlife that he is not mindless like his fellow undead. Indeed, he has retained the ability to write, though he can not speak.

Jack (The main Zombie) is a little bit different from all the others......he can think, write and care! He decides he needs to track down the Doctor who made the virus and so starts a journey across America where he finds other Zombies with gifts and founds a rag-tag group of the undead.

In a nutshell I really enjoyed the book but at times I did find it dragging.

No comments:

Post a Comment