Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Netflix Challenge Day 1 - 1984


 photo 1984_zps0583316e.jpg

This movie adaptation of George Orwell's novel follows the "reeducation" of two people who break the law in a totalitarian state by falling in love.

I have been trying to find a reason to watch this and thought my Netflix Challenge would be the perfect time to start. I went into this only knowing little bits and bobs about it from what I have heard through pop culture and the whole "Big Brother Is Watching You".

First off I am glad I picked this one to start off as I have a love for most things that have hints of dystopia and totalitarianism, I know its weird but I do find it entertaining to watch people feeling lost and oppressed (In Films/TV/Games and NOT in real life).

I just loved everything about this film from the bleak way it was filmed through to the soundscapes and the costumes and how the film does now look dated what so ever, most films from the late 70's and early 80's that are set in the not so distant future tend to use plastic sets and bright colours to give a futuristic feeling where as 1984 uses burnt out and run down buildings filled with dust and rubble.

All I have to say is that if you want to watch an amazing piece of cinematography then get aside 2 hours and watch this.

I would recommend 1984 to fans of  V For Vendetta and even Equilibrium.




No comments:

Post a Comment